Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Link to SCD with Low FODMAP chart

Dr. Siebecker's Food Guide
I used this religiously when I was first diagnosed.  I have loosened my restrictions to include more SCD illegal but low FODMAP food only because tests have shown my gut lining is in good health and I don't react to them.

I was poking around the Monash University website and saw that dark chocolate is low FODMAP, up to 30 grams.  Looks like they researched a typical dark chocolate bar and not cocao powder itself.  I make my own fudgy conconction using cocao powder, honey, ghee and a tiny bit of coconut or almond milk, microwaved for about 15 seconds and stir.  It's not fabulous but it feeds my chocolate cravings.  I've also been know to mix a bit of peanut butter, clover honey, cocao nibs and goji berries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment