Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Elemental Diet - Day 2

Drinking the oil is the hardest part of the homemade elemental diet.  It's not the actual taste, it's the texture.  Not to mention I completely psych myself out and am on the verge of retching before I even drink it.  If I don't think about it and just down it it goes much better.

I definitely will be increasing my Magnesium Citrate tonight.  Whew!  My ND says this is common during die off (if you tend towards constipation) and she says just keep upping the Mag Citrate to keep it moving out.  

On my list of things to ask about is adding a stronger prokinetic. I currently take Motilpro but don't find it very effective.  It's such an interesting question, which came first the bacteria or the slow motility?  My guess for me is the slow motility.  Add on top of that a c-section followed by 2 bouts of gastroenterititis in a year and it's no wonder my gut tanked.

It's really nice that I haven't been hungry.  I tend to wallow though if I stay home.  I went to work tonight and did yoga and I was fine and felt pretty decent.  Guess I just gotta keep moving and not thinking about it.

I found this tapping video yesterday and it helped with feeling like I'm being deprived.  It's kind of kooky but it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment