Monday, June 16, 2014

Elemental Diet - Day One

Ugh! is all I can really say.  What was I thinking??  There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there on how to do this diet.  Do you ease in?  Do you ease out after 14 days?  Do you continue to take all your bacteria killing supplements while you starve them?  I'm not sure.  So I took all my supplements as usual, downed 3 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil, tried to get down 2 T of honey and took the amino acids.  It wasn't as bad as I thought but the supplements make me feel a bit nauseous most of the day.  I love honey but trying to eat 2 T was really hard. I was afraid I was going to get a sugar headache, I didn't.

Lunchtime came and I really didn't want to do it again.  I held off until almost 2pm.  My powdered aminos had arrived so I ate those first, 2 T in a shot of water.  It stayed grainy but I've taken aminos before quite a bit so it wasn't too bad.  Next I tried to down the coconut oil.  I gagged and about spewed it in the sink.  It's not the flavor because it doesn't really taste at all, it's the greasy texture that's off putting.  I've tried to eat coconut oil in the past and that was harder.

I skipped dinner.  I just couldn't tolerate the thought and wasn't hungry.  I'm going to have to be careful about keeping my calories up otherwise I will give up.

Just a little side note what little research is out there indicates that fasting is not the best choice for women, especially intermittent fasting (all the rage in the Paleo/Crossfit world).  Here's an article that sums up what research is out there on fasting and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment