Saturday, June 28, 2014

Elemental Diet Wrap Up - Day 13

So clearly I didn't plan well enough.  I only ordered the 500 gram bottle of amino acids since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it the whole way through and I didn't order more in time.  Dr. Siebecker clearly states you will need a 1000 gram bottle ( I was mistaken on an earlier post).  I am really bad at visual spatial things so didn't realize how low I was until I was out.  I forgot that I only ordered half of what was recommended. So, yesterday I was really low on protein and had a headache and felt crummy by the end of the day.

When it came to honey I wasn't able to consume nearly the quantity recommended.  I only used half of my 1/2 gallon jar.  It was really hard to get all that sweetness down.

Today I need to prep for my breath test tomorrow so I cannot have honey.  Given that I don't have aminos either I opted to add in eggs at meals.  So my meals today are 2 T coconut oil, 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.

My weight loss has really slowed.  I have only lost a pound since Tuesday.  I worry that my metabolism has slowed down.  I've exercised all week so realistically I should have dropped more since I was steadily dropping 0.4 to 0.8 lbs per day before.  I cannot recall what I weighed yesterday but I'm pretty sure I only dropped 0.2 lbs overnight.  My guess is that was due to the lack of protein.

What would have been really interesting would be to get an accurate measure of body fat before starting this and then an accurate measure after to see whether I lost more fat or muscle.  As it stands I only have the likely inaccurate body composition scale at the YMCA to go by and it says I've dropped 3% body fat (and 7.6 lbs).  I don't think that's accurate but who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment