Sunday, June 22, 2014

Elemental Diet - Day 7

In case anyone is unclear about what my "meals" are, here goes:

  • 1 1/2 - 2 T Pure Form aminos acids mixed with about 2 T water, stir and let sit for a few minutes to try to get it to dissolve.  Drink, add water to get the leftover grains and drink.  Eat a spoonful of honey to remove the taste.
  • 2-3 T coconut oil, melted.  Drink. Chase with water.
  • 2-3 T honey, I just dip a spoon in the honey jar and savor this (I have a separate jar).
  • 2 Pure Encapsulation Nutrient 950 multivitamins
I try to drink lots of water throughout the day to keep hydrated but if I'm nauseous it's hard.  I tried hot water because I love to drink hot liquids but it just makes me more nauseous.

If you had asked me if this diet was possible and if I would do it.  I would have said no way in hell.  But after spending a ton of money without much success I had to give it a try.  The Allimed alone is $98 a bottle and it only lasts 10 days.  I go through 3 bottles a month.  It's by far the most expensive part of my SIBO treatment but the others all add up.

The most frustrating part of the diet is I am still bloating.  I wake up with a fairly flat tummy and by bedtime I still look 4-6 months pregnant. Just die already!!  And the burping!  I think it's probably from shooting back the meals that gets air in my stomach but it could be something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment