Saturday, June 21, 2014

Elemental Diet - Day 6

Today was a good day.  I spaced my "meals" 4 1/2 hours apart and didn't experience any crashes like I have on previous days.  Rode my bike to the farmer's market and bought a big juicy looking flat iron steak to throw in the freezer for later and bought some cherries for my guys.  I love Colvin Farms, my beef supplier.  Chatted with Gary from Heavenly Honey who supplies me with awesome local honey.  He's praying for this to work (such a nice guy).  Me too Gary.  Started getting a bit nauseus while there not sure if it's all the delicious food smells or the fact that I took my anti-parasitics this morning.  Think I'll try to add my SIBO supps back in tomorrow and forgo the parasite killers. One thing at a time.

Spent 3 hours in the garden doing some weeding with one of my chickens.  She thinks I'm part of her flock and sticks by me so I bring her along.  We grow most of our own veggies and raise chickens for eggs and meat.  And yes, I live in the city.  I was worried our neighbors would freak, but they love us, especially the ones with grandkids.  Our chickens can come up to the edge of the sidewalk and the grandkids just love it.

Before all this started I was mostly vegetarian.  I started dabbling in eating meat now and again prior to being diagnosed.  I noticed it made me feel better and the grains, especially whole grains, just didn't sit well at all.  It all makes sense now of course.  I was raised in the country on meat and potatoes but still the switch back to a paleo style diet was pretty hard.  If you haven't read Chris Kresser's book Your Personal Paleo code you should.  I think everyone should.  It's not the Paleo everyone has come to know, all bacon and bulletproof coffee.  He really talks about listening to your body and seeing what works for you.  Love that!  Hate the people who spew one size fits all programs.  Everyone is so different, the same thing can't possibly work for everyone.

I'm down about 4 1/2 pounds, 6 days in with below average weight loss, which is good.  I started to panic this morning saying I can't lose another 8-10 pounds.  I just don't have it to lose. Husband smiled and told me it would be fine, everything would be fine.  I tell ya, he's water to my fire.  My son, who's 8, said, "this is the most effective way to kill the bacteria.  You have to stick with it". Such a supportive team.

Walked 2 miles tonight after dinner.  Still feeling good.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment