Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

I woke up to, "Mom!", followed by, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, after you're done with this diet you'll be all better, Happy Birthday to you".

It's really helpful that I was on the SCD low FODMAP diet for 6 months through Christmas, Easter, numerous birthdays and family dinner's out before going on the fast.  I'm used to not being able to eat what everyone else is eating.  Today will be a piece of cake (ha ha!) athough I don't think I'm going to be home for lunch so instead of coconut oil (which will solidify in our current temps) I'm going to have to pack olive oil.

If you think you can't do this diet because you love food, think again.  I am obsessed with food. The 4th of July is coming up, a holiday my son hates, so I suggested hiking.  My first thought wasn't where should we go it was, "oh I'm going to pack a turkey burger on a mac nut bun for lunch".  I planned my first post fast meal days ago.  Over the weekend my husband said, "even though you can't eat your still in the kitchen making food all the time".  I've made a batch of kale chips, kim chee and non food items - hard lotion bars and body cream.

My son's favorite ice cream truck (Ice Cream Social) is opening a shop today so we'll be going there to celebrate and support them.

I have to say the best birthday day gift was waking up at my pre-pregnancy weight, which has been my goal weight for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment