Monday, June 16, 2014

March 2014

Still have not received the antibiotics I ordered from Canada.  Was hoping to have them prior to vacation so I could cheat just a little on my diet.  Feeling discouraged now and then.  Met with my ND in Seattle and decided to do a GI Effects Stool Profile to see if there is anything else going on in my digestive tract.  Turns out I have "Many" Blastocystis hominis which was the bad news.  The good news is that I don't have any yeast or other opportunistic bacteria, no leaky gut.  Yay!  The results did show that I do need to try to get more fiber in my diet as my n-Butyrate was low.  n-Butyrate is produced through the fermentation of dietary polysaccharides and fiber. Polysaccharides are the P in FODMAPs so that's a no brainer.  My Seattle ND recommended Metamucil which I research and found on several FODMAP message boards that it causes problems in people who have IBS type symptoms and indicated Citracel was a better option. All seem to have sugar, fake sugar, coloring and flavoring so I haven't added any of them in.

Treatment for the B. hominis:

  • Green Tea Phytosome, one capsule, 3 times a day away from food.
  • Purge the Whorl, a tsp 3 times a day away from food.

No comments:

Post a Comment