Monday, June 23, 2014

Elemental Diet - Day 8

More than 1/2 way there!  Wahoo!  My Lactulose breath test kit is in the mail and will be here before the end of my fast.  My ND called in the script for the prokinetic so I can pick that up later today or tomorrow (Erythromycin 50mg HS).  I feel like I am almost there.  Went to a short hot yoga class this morning, did good but my body doesn't like getting my heart pounding too fast so had to take it east.  This isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

I cringe to post these but this is me.
When I get up
Before bed. UGH!



















I am so far in you would think it would be better.  I find this really discouraging.

So here's what I have always wondered.  Let's say I make a stirfry for lunch and I carefully measure out and use: cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, peas, green beans, green onion,  and zucchini, keeping them all at or under the measurements allowed.  How do I know all these low FODMAP foods don't just add up into one big FODMAP.  I know each has it's own concerns (eg - too much cabbage can be high in Polyol-sorbitol, too much zucchini can be high in Oligos-fructans, Peas in Polyols-mannitol), but who has the time to make sure all their vegetables aren't combining into a mod-high amount of FODMAP.  Not that I want to add a food combining restriction to the whole FODMAP thing.  Just makes me wonder.

I would love to hear from some of you.  What have you tried?  What works for you?  What was a total failure and waste of $$?

No comments:

Post a Comment