Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quick Breakfast (sort of)

I wasn't feeling thrilled about my usual breakfast this morning so I threw 2 eggs in the blender with a banana, a pinch of baking powder, a sprinkle of cinnamon and about a tablespoon of almond flour. Viola! Pancakes.  I cooked them over the lowest heat in my cast iron skillet.  It made 9 small pancakes.  If you don't want to add any almond flour or nut flour, you don't have to.  This recipe turns out okay with just 2 eggs and a banana.  I have a tendency to use more maple syrup than I should so I put a little peanut butter and a drizzle of honey on these.  They were pretty good.  Not something you'd find in your local pancake house but pretty darn good for not having all the FODMAPs or a list of ingredients that you don't have in your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment