Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 5, Round 2, Elemental Diet

Weight: 120.2 (Yahoo! No weight loss)

I stopped taking the magnesium citrate.  So perhaps I'm not losing water.  I'm not losing any solids either so that could be a problem if I keep eating.

This is from last night:
"Ugh!  I am so not into this diet this go around.  I have been so tired.  Our garden is overflowing with fresh veggies and I just want to give up and do in the winter when there isn't such an abundance of food.  My husband thinks I just need to stop eating protein.  I do too and I need to tap.  I wonder about the amount of honey I am eating as well, 2 T per meal.  That's about 32 grams of carbohydrate and it's all sugar.  The 3 T of coconut oil works out to about 42 g of fat.  My elemental meals are around 550 calories.  I don't remember experiencing such exhaustion the first time around."

I did my tapping and I do feel better today.  Took our chickens out to a local farm for processing and hit the local mountain bike park for a quick ride with my son.  Felt good to be out and active.  We'll see how the rest of the day goes!

My favorite blogger/cookbook author posted a sandwich bun recipe today from her new cookbook.  This is similar to the hamburger bun recipe I use. I generally swap macadamia nuts for cashews or a combination of almond flour, sunflower seeds and mac nuts.  I also usually make much smaller portions to keep FODMAPs in check.  For her burger bun recipe, it says it makes 4 buns and I think I make at least 8-10 thinner buns.  Her bun recipe does not use arrowroot which means they tend to crumble a bit more.  Can't wait to give this new recipe a try. Only 16 or so more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment