Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Homemade Mayonnaise

I have been searching and searching for a homemade mayonnaise recipe that actually tastes like mayonnaise.  Every one I've come across just tastes like emulsified oil.  Tonight I made a mayo that I can actually tolerate.  I love my mayo!  It's always been my favorite condiment.  The recipe was in the book Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore.  I haven't read the book but when I saw the mayonnaise recipe I had to give it a try.  I'd recommend some adjustments.

Mayonnaise
1 duck egg (room temp)
2 duck egg yolks (room temp)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl ground mustard
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl rice vinegar (or white wine)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup avocado oil

Mix all the ingredients except the oil in a high speed blender or with an immersion blender. Slowly drizzle in the oil while blending.  Stop adding oil when the mayonnaise is the desired thickness.  Because of the coconut oil the mayo should solidify a bit more when chilled.  For more flavor substitute some of the oil with garlic infused olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment