Friday, August 8, 2014

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs with a bit of sundried tomatoes and some steamed green beans.  Need to get some avocados!  If you stay under 30g avocados are low in FODMAP according to Monash University and oh so healthy.  I'm going to down a bit of MCT oil as well since there weren't many calories in my breakfast and I need it to stick around a while.

I'm going to check out a bunch of low carb books today from the library.  Mostly because I think there could be some good recipes since FODMAPS are carbs but also because I'm wondering what the heck these people eat since their diet is mostly fat.  I'm also grabbing Chris Powell's book on carb cycling because I have no idea what that is and if it's rotating from low carb to mod or even high carb and back that's probably a better thing then just being low carb.  I wonder how low carb people get their fiber.  While fiber can be problematic for us SIBO folks you really need it to keep your gut healthy.

Did you know that your skin is 60% transdermal??  And that chemicals you put on your skin are absorbed directly into your bloodstream, bypassing the liver???  I heard this the other day on a podcast and it kind of blew my mind.  I'm really careful about what I put on my skin.  The first thing my naturopath commented on was my dry skin.  My last batch of lotion did not turn out very well and my ND told me I should be making my own oils.  He also busted me for not taking my fish oil.  Oops!

Has anyone tried fermented cod liver oil?  It seems to be all the rage with the Paleo folks right now and I don't know anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment