Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sometimes I need a treat..

I eat chocolate ALL the time, like almost every meal.  I love it so much.  With leaky gut though, those every day repetitive foods can sometimes become a sensitivity because they don't stay where they are supposed to be and the assault is relentless.  So I kicked myself in the butt and made an old favorite recipe from my Raw Energy book.

1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecan (you can use all walnuts or even sub in some yummy mac nuts)
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
a touch of sea salt

Whirl it all together in the food processor to the consistency you like and form it into balls. I'd opt for small ones if you are concerned about FODMAPs and the carbs in the honey. I'm feeding so I scarfed on waaaaay too much!  Ha!  No wonder I'm a lil porker these days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment