Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Back and forth...

It's so hard to stick with any course of action with SIBO because your day to day experience can fluctuate so dang much.  I woke up this morning looking 6 months pregnant and up a pound.  What the hell did I do?  Nothing different really.  Indulged in a bit more chocolate than usual but it was early in the day and doesn't warrant that kind of reaction.  The other thing.  I broke down and make some banana muffins with almond flour, coconut flour and flax eggs.  Flax just a tablespoon spread between 8 muffins.  It can't be that really?  

Since bingeing on potatoes the last month or so off and on (not true bingeing, but cautious SIBO bingeing ;) I have been craving more carbs.  Which is why I made the muffins.  I should probably just stay the hell away from it all since it just seems to turn me into a wild eyed crazy carb monster.  Maybe my husband will make the connection and stop frying up potatoes in delicious beef tallow and putting the plate RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.  And if you haven't tried it, please don't.  You will not be able to stop and before you know it you are shopping for a Fry Daddy.  Also Tom O'Bryan mentioned something about issues with potatoes and lectins in recent research here. "I have three articles I was just reading today about white potatoes may cause permeability because of the lectins. People who have a lectin sensitivity, if your food has lectins in it, it will cause permeability." Surely I'm okay with lectins...  not sure I want to know!

Which leads me to my whole point which is, all the doctors say if you are still having symptoms you should keep treating unless your test is negative then you really need to look into other causes.  My friend Tim had similar numbers, no symptoms.  Look at him go! Definitely an inspiration.  And then there's Katie a woman in a couple of the fb groups I'm in. She worked her ass off to kick not only SIBO but H.Pylori only to continue having symptoms.  Thankfully she continued to question and has an awesome ND who discovered a cyst on her ovary. Her blog is so funny.  Hoping for a speedy recovery for her!  Which leads me to, I need a damn breath test already!  I have an appt with my ND on the 23rd but he's so busy he doesn't have time to get me kits whenever I want.  I have a local ND that I really like and she's great about billing our insurance and using labs that our insurance covers (my son saw her), but how much does she understand about all this?? Does she even have to understand all of it to be helpful??

Still tapering off my thyroid medication.  I saw my general ARNP on Saturday and when I said I was on T3 she said, "you just need to take iodine".  Um, wow!  She hadn't looked at my labs, asked my symptoms, nothing.  Not to mention that you can't just add iodine to your supplement regimen without adding selenium

Still messing around with adrenal support.  Clearly I need a new ND :)


No comments:

Post a Comment