Tuesday, September 1, 2015

New Protocol - Repair

Just to remind all of you, I am not a healthcare provider of any kind.  I just do a little research and add what I feel works for me.  SIBO is such a strange animal so you have to figure out (hopefully with a qualified provider) what works for you.

I've decided to work on gut repair and motility since my reactions to foods are mostly in the form of belly itchiness which I contribute more to permeability and not SIBO per se.

I should also note that there is a bit of a brouhaha right now about FCO (fermented cod liver oil).  You can read about it here (and in many other places).  I am opting to continue with my bottle but not sure I will buy it again.  It's fairly difficult to keep fish oils from becoming rancid and they are expensive.  It's better to include some fatty fish in your diet a couple of times a week.  If you've been following along you might remember that on my Array 10 I am reacting to salmon, tilapia, trout, tuna, squid, and shrimp.  I did not react to sardines but for some reason they are making me nauseaus when I eat them.  My guess is it's a placebo thing.


Pre-meals     
Bitters (2 droppers)
Iberogast (2 droppers)
Red Yeast Rice       
LiverCare
Serrapeptase

Breakfast    
Multivitamin (2)
All-zyme
Magnesium Glycinate
Betaine HCL (1-2)
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Vit C
Vit D 4000 iu (2 drops)
Vit K-2
Thyrosol
Adrenomend (2 capsules)
OrthoBiotic (every other day)
                  
9-10AM
T3 – 22.5mcg
Primal Defense (on days when no OrthoBiotic)
L-Glutamine (1)
GastricSoothe (2)
                  
Lunch           
Multivitamin (2)
All-zyme (1)
Magnesium Glycinate
Betaine HCL (1-2)
Vit C
PrescriptAssist (1)
Adrenomend (2 capsules)
Adrenaplex (2 capsules)

Dinner         
Multivitamin (2)
All-zyme (1)
Betaine HCL (1-2)
Magnesium Glycinate
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Thyrosol (1 tablet)
Turmeric

9pm             
LDN – 5mg
Motilpro (3)
GastricSoothe (2)
L-Glutamine
Lion’s Mane (2)*
Magnesium Citrate (PRN)

*I haven't added the Lion's Mane in.  I added in the Motilpro last night and will add the GastricSoothe in tonight.  I've been taking Endozin for a while so shouldn't have a problem with the L-Glutamine and GastricSoothe since it's the same ingredients.  In a few days if all goes well I will add in the Lion's Mane.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your latest. I like to compare my routine with what others are doing/using because there isn't much on real-life SIBO management. Wondering if you've ever had burning after taking Motilpro? I tried it several times, a while back and it burned my esophagus/gut each time. I agree with sticking to gut repair and motility. They are the keys to long term healing. Looking forward to your updates! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Motilpro burns but I just keep drinking water until it dilutes enough to stop burning. It's funny, I accidentally took 2 Motilpro with breakfast instead of my Multivitamins (same exact bottle, different labels) and I was driving my kid to school wondering why the heck my throat/stomach was burning a bit and then I burped up ginger. Thankfully they are easy to identify colorwise and I was able to switch them all out :)

      Delete
  2. Not glad that it burns for you too, but glad to know it's not just me! I started them a while ago after Dr. Siebecker recommended them on a webinar. Got a huge jar for some reason and of course, can't take them. Hope your son feels better. We've had the sore throat, upper respiratory thing going on week 2. It's really going around here in San Diego. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's bounced pretty quickly, which is great. Motilpro only comes in the huge jar! Hopefully if you decide you can't take them you can find someone who needs them. Our local SIBO support group is great for that.

      Delete