Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Vegan Dining

I ate lunch at a local vegan restaurant with my son today.  I'm on a new protocol and sometimes when I am taking herbal antibiotics I throw caution to the wind and hope the bugs come out to feed and more get killed.  The restaurant is awesome for vegan fare.  No gluten, beans or grains that I could find on the menu.  Obviously no dairy since it's vegan.  My son was recently diagnosed with an intolerance to dairy and wheat and our solar panels were being hooked up today so we were without power all day, hence the lunch out.  He was excited to go to a restaurant where he could eat anything on the menu.  I opted for the enchiladas because they are sooo amazing.  I had them before this whole SIBO thing came along.  The tortillas and sour cream is made out of cashews.  Hello FODMAPs.  They are filled with walnut meat.  It came with pico which I'm sure had onion and garlic in it.  It was topped with lettuce which in hindsight I should have asked them to leave it off since I can't really chew it and it gets stuck in my teeth.  I didn't seem to have any reaction, a bit of belching, no bloating, then 5 hours after the meal I started to itch and discovered this.  It's always my dang belly that gives away my cheating.  I'm definitely taking Endozin (zinc carnosine and glutamine) tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment