Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cyrex Array 3, 4 and 10

There was a package deal on Cyrex and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  Everyone drools over the Cyrex tests because they think they will get some magic piece of the puzzle.  I'm not sure that's the case.

My Array 3 shows I have no issues with wheat.  I came back equivocal on Transglutaminase-3 IgG, which is a negative but a little on the high side so it could possibly be a positive.  

The Array 4 (wheat cross reactives) showed I have issues with sesame (which I knew from previous testing), teff and corn.  Guess I'll have to clean the cupboards and get rid of all those products with teff!  Ha!  The corn hurts a little because on the Array 10 I can up positive for popcorn as well.  *sniff*  Not that I was eating it because it's hard on the ileocecal valve but I had hopes of sitting in a dark movie theatre snacking on popcorn again.

The Array 10 showed the I react to the following:
  • rice cake (not rice or rice protein, just rice cake)
  • wild rice
  • kidney beans
  • sesame
  • celery (yuck! thank goodness, now I have an excuse!)
  • corn
  • popped corn
  • pea, cooked
  • pea protein (makes sense since sometimes my smoothies sit in my gut like a brick)
  • tuna (just cooked, not raw - phew!  I love sashimi and eat it when I know it's been sustainably fished)
  • Squid (calamari), cooked
  • thyme, raw (wonder if this has to do with all those essential oils I took??)
  • Clove, raw (I was rubbing this EO on my liver for awhile, seems related)
  • Beta-Glucan (some kind of gum)
  • Gum Tragacanth (some kind of gum)
The good news is that coconut came back okay, as did chocolate and green tea.  These are my priorities :)  Ha ha!

There were a number of equivocal items as well which can happen if you eat something all the time.  Thankfully most of the stuff that came back are items I never eat.  

Update - just got back from Costco and all the organic sausage like meat products have celery as a natural form of nitrates/nitrites.  Uh oh!  Looks like I'm going to be making my own sausage!

2 comments: