Monday, June 15, 2015

White Fudge is my current obsession

I have always had a HUGE sweet tooth.  Going to a low carb, high fat diet has helped this tremendously but I still love a treat.....  with every meal :)  So I make fatty mildly sweet treats.  I found this recipe a while back.  The amount of maple syrup in it would kill me so I adapted it to make it way less carbs and low FODMAP.


White Fudge
6 oz raw organic cacao butter
3-4 oz coconut oil (4 oz will make them softer)
75 grams coconut butter (or coconut manna)
1 T vanilla (ground vanilla beans are best but so expensive)
2 T honey
1/8 salt

I mix all these things together in a double boiler.  Before I had a double boiler I would just place a stainless steel bowl over a pot with boiling water in it.  Stir until everything is melted together.  The honey never seems to mix in very well and I love this.  The more you let it sit, the more solid it gets at the bottom of the pan.  I then pour the fat off the top into a 12 muffin  or 24 mini muffin pan (silicone works awesome).  I then scoop the honey off the bottom and distribute it between the 12 (or 24) cups.  You can add unsweetened cacao nibs at this point to add a chocolately crunch. I then place it in the freezer over night to solidify.  When you pop them out in the morning the honey will have formed a little caramel like layer.  So yummy!  I put them in mason jars for storage and keep one in the refrigerator and one in the freezer for later.

If you are the kind of person who can't stay out of treats then don't make them, you will just eat too many and regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment