Friday, June 19, 2015

Time to change things up - New Protocol

So I'm sticking with the Biocidin for now.  I think I like it.  It has tea tree oil in it which helps get into those pesky biofilms.  After looking at Bio-botanical Health's Comprehensive Cleanse program I decided to add Olivirex to the mix .  As much as I hate to, I'm keeping in the Allimed.  Everyone says you need it for methane but I wonder if it works is all.  I've taken sooooo much of it and it's so expensive.  I'm trying the tincture this time for kicks.  For those of you who dearly miss garlic, the tincture is super yummy.  After looking at all the various biofilm busters I decided to give Serrapeptase a try.  I really, really want to try Lactoferrin but the milk.  Dairy brings my digestion to a complete and utter halt.  Not helpful even if it is kicking the biofilm's butt.

So this is everything I take 20-30 minutes before meals:

  • Digestive Bitters
  • Iberogast - 20 drops
  • Vital-zymes (2)
  • Biocidin (working up to 20 drops)
  • Olivirex (2 capsules)
  • Allimed (15 drops)
  • Serrapeptase (1)
I've also added Triphala between meals to help with my motility.  I need to do more research on this as I saw on a fb group that it can hinder T4 to T3 conversion.  That is mostly the liver's job.... hmm.  I'm still taking tumeric and fermented cod liver oil to help with inflammation.  And I am taking Betaine HCL with meals to help my body break down protein since it struggles with this.  I'm also taking LiverCare to help support the liver.  Both Biocidin and Olivirex have Milk Thistle so there is support there as well.  SIBO and the treatment of SIBO can be rough on the liver and I want to make sure I am supporting it.

At night I'm taking:
  • LDN
  • Iberogast
  • 5-HTP
I seriously would not recommend jumping into the protocol I've outlined above.  I never experience anything resembling die off but many, many people do, not to mention I made this protocol up myself.   AND my ND at the SIBO Center pretty much told me I was crazy, especially when I said I was taking MegaSpore Biotic and eating fermented foods.  They really like to stick to things that have been researched and mostly formulas that contain few ingredients so they know what is working.  

I've been doing this protocol for approximately a week and things seem to be going well.  Feeling a bit tired but I'm losing weight which to me is a good sign.  The methane producing M. Smithii love to make you hold onto calories and therefore weight.  The fact that I'm losing little bits makes me think I'm making some headway in killing them off.  Now to decide when to test again!

3 comments: