Saturday, June 20, 2015

Elimination Time

In my last Skype appt with Dr. Keller we talked about my Cyrex Array 3, 4 and 10 results.  She wants me to eliminate all Out of Range foods, obviously, but she always wants me to eliminate all the Equivocal foods for at least 6 weeks and then slowly reintroduce them.  She said that many of these reactions are because the foods are FODMAPs and should resolve with the SIBO but the others are just causing inflammation in the body and we need to reduce that.  Could be due to intestinal permeability, that would be my guess, but I never eat things like cooked tuna or squid and those certainly aren't FODMAPy, so who knows.  She really cautioned me about the Aquaporins and said the response to them should be taken seriously.  She said she would send me a spec sheet about it.  All the Google links lead to long research articles that I really don't feel like reading right now.

Out of Range:

  • Sesame
  • Teff
  • Corn
  • Rice Cake
  • Wild Rice
  • Kidney Beans
  • Celery
  • Corn + Aquaporin, cooked
  • Popped Corn
  • Pea, cooked
  • Pea Protein
  • Tuna, Cooked
  • Squid, Cooked
  • Thyme (wonder if this means I can't do Candibactin-AR)
  • Clove
  • Beta-Glucan (polysaccharide)
  • Gum Tragacanth (polysaccharide)
Equivocal:
  • Oats
  • Tapioca
  • Egg White, cooked
  • Wheat + Alpha-Gliadins
  • Garbonzo beans, cooked
  • Soybean Agglutinin
  • Brazil Nuts
  • Artichoke, cooked
  • Chili Pepper
  • Lettuce
  • Onion + Scallion (raw and cooked)
  • Pumpkin + Squash, cooked
  • Tomato + Aquaporin
  • Tomato Paste
  • Apple Cider
  • Apricot
  • Kiwi
  • Mackeral, cooked
  • Salmon, cooked
  • Tilapia, cooked
  • Trout, cooked
  • Shrimp, cooked
  • Parvalbumin
  • Lamb, cooked
  • Gelatin
  • Paprika
  • Mastic Gum + Gum Arabic
I'm definitely going to have to hang this list to avoid some oops!  Most of the foods listed I don't even eat so it's not a big deal really.  But I did like to eat salmon, shrimp and eggs on occasion.  And I love spicy, so the chili peppers make me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment