Sunday, June 7, 2015

Home again, home again...

Oh how my bowels are happy to be home.  TMI :)  Sorry!  Not sure if it's related but I rolled a ball under my foot while sitting in the symposium this morning and things finally started moving. Phew!

What an amazingly fun weekend hanging out with online friends (in person) who are just like me!  Last night we went to the The Brooklyn House for dinner last night.  They are well versed in dietary challenged people and are rumored to have a copy of the SIBO Specific Diet in the kitchen.  My meal wasn't spectacular, but really what can you do with white fish if you can't use butter, garlic, onions, etc.  I should have tried the rabbit.  The rib eye steak looked fabulous too but my chewing it would have been too difficult.  They messed up and accidently gave me a side of grilled cauliflower instead of grilled vegetables but with the huge amount of fish and the potatoes I knew it would be too much so didn't request them.

Today we went to The Cultured Caveman on the way home.  I chose wrong again!  I'm just not accustomed to eating out.  I had hot dogs (off the kids menu) and they were scrawny things with a pretty tough exterior.  I had zoodles on the side, bone broth and a shot of fermented cod liver oil.  I usually take this fermented cod liver oil but in capsules. They had the same brand in liquid form.  It was so disgusting and I burped fish for the rest of the 3 hour ride home.  But the restaurant was so cool and they had so many paleo products to browse and buy, including cookbooks.

I'll update on everything I learned tomorrow.  It's going to take time to put my notes together and I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment