Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 3, Round 2, Elemental Diet

Weight: 121.0 lbs

So it seems even if you keep the carbs up you still shed a significant amount of water weight in the beginning.  I think it's helpful to understand this is not real weight loss otherwise you start to panic.  By real weight loss I mean the weight comes back on within a few days of resuming a normal diet.  I've been taking magnesium citrate every night as well and this could be contributing to water loss since it pulls water into the intestines.

Yesterday because I had a 2 hour appointment at 11:30 I ended up packing scrambled eggs in a thermos and eating them for lunch, only about 320 calories.  I had an early elemental dinner before work, then a snack of salmon when I got home from work (around 8:30pm).  I normally do not snack and work to keep all my food consumption 3-4 hours apart to give my digestive tract time to do it's thing.  Today I will do all elemental, eating an actual protein meal isn't doing anything to prevent me from losing weight and is just contributing to constipation, so what's the point!  My body doesn't process protein easily probably because my open bite prevents me from chewing and breaking down food adequately.  Which is why I had the 2 hour appt, braces! The things we do to get healthy :)

Research by Dr. Pimental has shown that bacteria does not eat when being starved so I'm contemplating stopping my herbal antibiotics.  They are expensive and if they are not doing anything or there's no proof that they work during the elemental diet then what's the point.  From what I have read Dr. Pimental doesn't have his patients alter their diet until after they kill off the bacteria.  I have an appt with my ND next week so I may stop until then.  Have a nice little pill break.

No comments:

Post a Comment