Saturday, January 17, 2015

Paleo AIP + low FODMAPs is hard....

Thursday night I wanted to make dinner, baked turkey thighs with curried vegetables on the side.  I decided NOT to take out the cumin and coriander (both seeds and illegal on AIP).  I decided to add in a couple of tablespoons of cooked and cooled white rice (a good resistant starch and beneficial in increasing bifidobacteria lungom in the large intestine).  Of course I knew it would feed the SIBO.  After dinner I had a tiny piece of dark chocolate.  My midback started to spasm between my shoulder blades (something that is common this time of year but I haven't experienced in a while).  Now I had done it, here was a possible reaction to something but I added in 3 new things with dinner.  LOL!  So back to square one.  My neck is messed up too so my back could just be reaction to that or it could be because I ate the curried vegetables with illegal seeds yesterday and today.  Tomorrow will be a new day!  I'm still doing okay with the nuts and won't take those back out.  But I'm going to back off adding in anything new until my muscles settle down.

And, I WANT pizza.  I've been longing for pizza for at least the last several weeks.  I haven't had real pizza in years since I do not tolerate dairy at all.  We have a fun waterfront restaurant know for their pizza and beer.  It sure would be fun to waste an afternoon with a big old pizza and pitcher of beer.

Oh, and the mindful eating.  That's been the hardest part of my year of the gut.  Gotta figure out a quick meditation to do at mealtimes instead of standing at the counter eating, so NOT mindful :)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, you get used to it. It seemed so restrictive to me at first but now I feel like I'm making all this great food all the time. I think my SIBO is very close to clear though, I'm eating so much more these days which helps, even things in the high FODMAP column as long as I watch the amounts. That said, pizza would be great. I really miss East 20 Pizza in Winthrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim! It's just those pesky little seeds that keep messing me up. I LOVE cumin and hot peppers and it's hard to cook without them and still get good flavor. But I know if I'm a little less rushed I'll get it. The sooner I stop messing up, the sooner I can start adding things in.

    ReplyDelete