Thursday, January 29, 2015

Just checking

After I had my thyroid tested I went on that binge and ate a bunch of stuff I usually don't (including Thai food which let's face it has a wheat in the sauce).  So I decided to test my thyroid antibodies again before I went whole hog into the medication and full on AIP diet route.  My ARNP, as much as I love her, is a pain to see because you always end up waiting so I really didn't want to go see her just to get a lab slip.  Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this AND they are having January specials on all their thyroid panels.  Meant to be I tell ya!  I paid my $49 for a thyroid antibodies test, printed it this morning and drove to a lab that about 5 minutes from my house.  It was so easy.  Can't wait to see what's on special next month ;)

I found these articles too about Hashimoto's and SIBO.  The health of the gut is connected to so much.  It can be mind boggling and quite scary.  I've had such trouble getting rid of my SIBO and I have been really worried that it would trigger something else.  But really in the end I could have had Hashi's first and that opened the door for SIBO.  There is no use trying to figure out what came first, as much as I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment