Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It's the seeds!

It's the seeds that keep messing me up.  I made curried vegetables two days ago, left out the cumin and coriander but then grabbed the curry, not realizing it's a combination of cumin, coriander and turmeric.  Dang it!  And of course I'm not really sure if I have a problem with anything because it's January and my back loves to spasm in January.  So is the cramping just the same old back injuries aggravated or is it actually something I'm ingesting???  I'm assuming it's the former since there seems to be no rhyme or reason.  Although it did start up with that one meal where I added in a bunch of different things.  But they were things I ate before I started this without issue.

I am eating nuts because fat keeps me sane and I made a coconut oil and nut butter mix to put into one of these.  Tomorrow will be a busy day and I will pack soup but will need some additional fat to keep me full.  And since I can't do any dairy, this is the easiest.  Plus I like it.  My husband buys the YumButter Organic Superfood Peanut Butter but since it's sweetened with coconut sugar, it's a no go for me :(  It also has lucuma in it and it's unclear whether or not lucuma is a FODMAP or not.  Needless to say at $6.99 a pop, I'm going to buy him his own Squeasy so I can just make it for him.  That way I can add some healthier nuts as well instead of just peanut butter and sunflower seeds.

Tomorrow is ND appointment day.  Fingers crossed I will get more answers and guidance instead of the same ole, "keep up the good work".  I know he's probably going to be a bit annoyed that I took his elimination diet suggestion (and worksheets) and turned it into this whole AIP thing :)  I drive him a little bonkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment