Saturday, April 11, 2015

Soup for dinner

I love Against All Grain, so when this recipe showed up in my inbox I knew I had to make it (adapted to keep it low FODMAP of course).  Do the usual garlic/onion substitution.  I used garlic infused coconut oil, about 3 times what was called for and a boatload of green onions.  I left out the celery, but you could substitute green beans.  I'll definitely do that next time.  I left out the sweet potatoes because I don't tolerate them and instead chopped up a bit of leftover parsnip.  Instead of chicken breast I used chicken thighs because it's what I have on hand and I'm obviously I'm not afraid of fat.  Topped it off with chopped cilantro and a bit of avocado.  Delicious!  Would have been nice to have some corn chips or plantain chips on the side but oh well, it was nice to have some spicy mexican flavored soup.



Clearly I need to at least clear off the counter before I take a picture.  Jeez!  Never said I was professional.  Ha!

I'm continuing to feel better and better, glad I got over that hump, whatever it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment