Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bio-individuality

Bio-individuality is the most annoying and coolest thing ever.  How can we all be the same but different?  How come what works for me doesn't work for you?  Or in my case, works for everyone but doesn't work for me? Life would be so much easier (but less interesting) if it was one size fits all.

I am thinking about this because I was taking the EO combination of Thyme, Oregano, Sage and Lemon Balm (Melissa) and all it did for me was cause swelling and what appears to be a ton of water retention.  It has worked for so many other people in the form of Candibactin-AR.  It could be that my formula was different or it could be that I was reacting to one of the components, my guess is either the Sage (which the kind I was using can have hormonal effects) or the Lemon Balm.  I stopped taking it and within 4 days I lost 3 lbs and a full 2 inches off my waist.  Clearly my body did not like it and my immune system was telling me so.

It all made sense when I listened to Michelle Corey on High Intensity Health, episode #59.  Wow, she's a fast talker! She talked about how consuming things that don't suit your body cause inflammation and weight gain.

So, when you are cruising web pages, blogs, fb groups and the like, always keep in mind what is a wonder elixir for one person could be a poison for you.  (BTW - that doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right or vice versa.)  And unfortunately sometimes the only way to know for sure if something is going to help you is to try it for yourself.  Always do so cautiously, starting slowly and keeping a journal so you can see how your system is responding, hopefully quicker than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment