Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pardon my venting....

Right on the breath test box it says something like results must be taken within 2 weeks of testing.  That will be 2 days from now.  So I called NCNM, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. They called me back and said the results will be sent to my provider around the 27th.  I said, he marked the form so results would come directly to me.  Oh yes he did, he replied, so you will need to fill out a Release of Information.  A Release of Information to get my OWN results????  Are you kidding me.  And then he said something about an additional 7 day waiting period that may be waived but it was hard to follow.  I said on the box it says that the sample must be tested within 14 days.  Oh, it will be, he said but they need time (7 days apparently) to get the numbers on a piece of paper and faxed out.  That's such bullshit!!  If you have had the breath test done in person you know that the sample goes in the machine and at the end the results are spit out.  There's no lengthy analysis that happens.  No off to the radiologist for interpretation.  It's not frigging rocket science.  

Mark my words this is the LAST time I will be using the lab at NCNM.  For those of you who need a breath test your provider can get them elsewhere for the same price or cheaper with a 1-2 day turnaround. This is another option for your provider to use.  And if you don't have a provider you can order your own test from Australia, although it's an additional $30 for shipping and I can't imagine the turnaround is quick given the time it takes to get a package mailed internationally, but I'd be money it's still quicker than NCNM!!!  You can also get them from directlabs.com but it's $289 (ouch!).

No comments:

Post a Comment