Saturday, March 7, 2015

New Protocol - Month One (Part two)

Some of this is based on research and some is just a whim.  (Which means, do your own research and don't follow along on my crazy ideas!).  I'm more prone to trying things because I usually don't experience symptoms of unwellness with any of the supplements I take, most people are far more sensitive, so always start slow with any new supplement.  

As you may remember I saw those interviews with Dr. Ruscio and decided to try some of the products he was using with his patients.  I just ended with Oil of Oregano and GI  Microb-x.  Next up is supposed to be Orthoflora Yeast Support and Parabotonic Select.  I can't get ahold of Parabotonic Select without asking one of my NDs to order it for me and I don't want to. So I'm doing some essential oils that I've looked into a bit (again, not saying you should!).

So, here goes.  Again, I've deleted those things not related to SIBO or digestion.

AM
Bitters (1/2 tsp)
20 drops Iberogast

Breakfast

Cinnamon (1)/Thyme (2)
Allimed (1)
OrthoFlora (2)
Digestyzmes

Before Lunch
Bitters (1/2 tsp)
20 drops Iberogast

Lunch
Digestyzmes
Cinnamon (1)/Thyme (2)
Allimed

Before Dinner 
Bitters (1/2 tsp)
20 drops Iberogast

Dinner

Cinnamon (1)/Thyme (2)
Allimed (1)
OrthoFlora (2)
Digestyzmes

Bedtime
LDN
Magnesium Citrate (as needed)

Erythromycin 50mg (as needed)

After this I will do a lactulose breath test and see where I am at.  I am feeling really good these days and hope my numbers reflect it.

Dr. Keller recommended a probiotic enema, so I tried it last night with less than a full capsule of PrescriptAssist and water in a little 7.5ml Fleet enema.  So far, so good.  Haven't noticed anything different, although I did feel quite euphoric while laying in bed, which was really weird.  It didn't change my bowels, give me gas or make me bloat so that's good sign I hope.

Next up, white rice.  Maybe.  My ND wants me to try it.  I really don't want to.  Maybe I'll start with white potatoes since my husband just pulled a ton out of the garden.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty similar to a protocol I'm starting soon. I was taking Neem, Berberine, Kyolic and Oil of Oregano. I don't feel the Neem did anything.

    Anyway thanks to eating junk I'm back on FTD and now I'll be including bitters, cinnamon, and olive leaf and phytocillin later on.

    ReplyDelete