Friday, March 6, 2015

J..J..J...Jittery!

I've been on this T3 taper, increasing my dose of T3 every 3 days.  You go up and then come back down to see when you feel the best and your temperature regulates.  It's been hard getting my temp, this time of year I always drink hot liquids making oral temps out and I always wear a hat making temporal temps difficult too.  Plus I forget :)

Cut to Tuesday of this week when I went up to 60mcg.  Holy moly!  I became jittery and almost manic.  It was like I had chugged a 2 liter of Coke.  I don't drink much caffiene, the occasional Jasmine tea, because I don't tolerate it well.  So I skipped my nighttime dose and the next day woke up and quickly became jittery again.  I skipped the morning dose and luckily was able to skype with Dr. Keller.  She said, "wow!  I can see it and feel it".  It didn't help that I was also easily distracted and the chickens were raising a ruckus outside the open door.  She had me take T4, and restart up my T3 that night, try to stay on it the next day, using T4 to level me out and then taper back down the day after.  Thank goodness my body adjusted, I just couldn't imagine being that hyped up.  Whew!

She says that I should only need to take T3 for a short period of time while we work on my conversion because I am making enough TSH and T4, just not converting it to the usuable Free T3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment