Thursday, March 26, 2015

ASI Update and more supplements (of course!)

Finally made time to talk with Dr. Keller about my ASI results.  It's quite evident that I need a bit of support which is not surprising to me.  I worked a high stress/long hours job for quite a while and didn't take care of myself, up too late, drank waaaaaay too much and ate like crap.  I exercised occasionally but probably in a way that creates more stress than relieves it.  So I'm adding the following to my supplements:
  • Arenomend - 2 a day with a meal, after a week or two, increase to 4
  • Adrenal PX - one in the morning and one at bedtime
Arenomend is an herbal support blend and I thought she said Adrenal PX is a pharmaceutical, it contains DHEA (mine is depressed), Pregnenalone (which is a hormone your body steals away to make more Cortisol), and Ashwaganda.

My Insulin both fasting and non-fasting was low.  My non-fasting insulin was no higher than my fasting insulin.  What??  I'm doing a low carb/high fat thing but nothing drastic and I certainly don't think I'm in ketosis. So we're going to give jasmine rice a try.  Wish me luck!!! My digestion has been great, I just want to keep it that way.

My Secretory IgA (sIgA) was borderline low.  Not good! "Secretory IgA (SIgA) serves as the first line of defense in protecting the intestinal epithelium from enteric toxins and pathogenic microorganisms.", from this article on Nature.com.  Definitely need more of that!  Ha!  Thankfully all it takes is another quick search and I found ways to increase it naturally here.  Unfortunately I am already doing most all of them.  I could incorporate more bone broth I guess but I already have soup every day.  I just upped my doseage of fish oil so that should help too.  It's always something!

In good news, it looks like the T3 taper may have helped kick my body in gear.  In a couple of days I will be done with the taper and if my temperature stays up then I don't have to add T3 back in.  Dr. Keller does want me to add:
  • Thyrocare - one in the morning and one at bedtime.
This will help support my body's conversion of T4 to T3.  Just when I had finally decreased the number of pills I am taking she adds 3 more :)

I asked her about digestive enzymes and betaine hcl because I will be out in a day and she recommended Klaire Labs Vitalzymes and Designs for Health Digestzymes.

Off to enjoy the sunshine, in other words feed the chickens, gather eggs and pick up dog poop before my son comes home and runs around the yard.




1 comment:

  1. somapro
    Compre aqui na Fast Suplementos os melhores Suplementos Nacionais e importados com Frete Grátis, Envio Imediato. Receba seu pedido em até 3 dias úteis.

    ReplyDelete