Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Less than 10 pills a meal??

What has the world come too?  It's been months and months since I swallowed so few pills. I'm taking my Multi, Magnesium, Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Resvertrol, Vit C, Zinc, Vit D drops, Digestive enzymes (currently Spectrazyme and Metagest) and one capsule of essential oils.  That was with breakfast, when I take most my supplements.  It's so weird not to have a huge pile of antimicrobials.

So I went through all my essential oils book but in the end found my doTERRA "Modern Essentials" book the most helpful to find out which essential oils would be best for treating my SIBO.  Now I'm not saying you should run out and follow with I am doing because I am definitely not a doctor of any kind!  And I'm not trying to get you to join doTERRA.  I just found their book the most useful and I like their oils better than Young Living because they pour better and the bottles are prettier.  Silly I know but I think the quality of the 2 are quite comparable (and doTERRA is less expensive).  Please not, if you go to a health food store to buy essential oils they are all going to say on the bottle "do not ingest" or "for external use only", a good sign of their quality, lacking.  I don't know about you, but if I can't put it in my body, I'm not putting it on my body where it goes through the skin into the blood stream bypassing any cleansing by the liver.  Anyway, I kind of digressed a bit there....

The "Modern Essentials" book list each oil and tells which other oils complement it.  Not as important if you are diffusing but definitely important if you are putting drops in a capsule and swallowing them.  I've heard that you should rotate your oils at least every 10 days to prevent bacterial resistance so I made a list of combinations I may try.  I feel like I should run them by my ARNP first but she's such a pain to see (you sit in the waiting room for what feels like eons!).  I am currently taking Cinnamon/Clove/Frankincense.  Sometimes I throw in a Melaleuca blend to bust up biofilms but I found Melaleuca to be a little harsh so I only use it occasionally.  I may try the Candibactin-AR blend as well - Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Melissa.  Many people seem to have good luck with it.


Some Essential Oil research:
http://www.curezone.org/blogs/fm.asp?i=1735341
http://aem.asm.org/content/78/11/4057.full#
http://jmm.sgmjournals.org/content/56/4/519.full

2 comments:

  1. I am taking 10 pills per meal right now, it is a bit crazy but they seem to be doing the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What section did you find this information in? I couldn't find anything about SIBO in the Modern Essentials Book.

    ReplyDelete