Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jasmine rice, my friend

So far, so good.  First attempt last week, I had one tablespoon of jasmine rice with dinner.  It may have been coincidental but the intermittent stomach pains that I had been having went away.  They came back during my accidental sugaring of myself and my experimentation with potatoes (that were far too old) and a banana (which has a high ferment potential).  So no idea if somehow the rice helped those pains or if they were just on their way out anyway.

Last night I tried again and had 2 tablespoons of jasmine rice with dinner.  So far so good.  I made the Butter Chicken recipe from My Heart Beets.  It was really good, the husband even approved.  This morning I woke up quite stiff and sore but I did a very different yoga class than usual yesterday, then got a massage.  Both activities targeted the shoulders so I don't think it was the tomatoes, peppers or the jasmine rice.  But it's still something to keep an eye on.

I've been having a lot of cramping down the right side of my neck due to a new screw that was placed in my jaw.  My massage therapist said the whole right side of my neck was tight and there was puffiness along the spine. It doesn't seem like it should impact the muscles but the screw is so high up above my teeth that it pushes into my cheek and a little crater has to form and then heal, the ball head of the screw nestles in the crater.  I get spasms in my cheek for up to 2 weeks while this happens and I fight infection as the food gets trapped in there.  It's not fun and I do not recommend it.  Alas things are healing and I ate actual stir fried vegetables today, such a treat after trying not to chew for 2 weeks!  I've been eating mostly creamed vegetable soup and mashed squash alongside fish and scrambled eggs.

My freaking temp has gone back down below 98 so it looks like I'll be going on another T3 taper, increasing dose every 6 days and then decreasing dose every 3 days.  Waiting to hear back from Dr. Keller.

I've been using Melaleuca/Rosemary/Thyme for a couple of days to treat my SIBO.  The melaleuca is pretty harsh so only a couple of days and then I'm going to switch to the same formula as in Candibactin-AR (Thyme/Oregano/Sage/Melissa).  I may stay on it a full 7 days, we'll see.  Disclaimer - please don't try this on your own, if you are interested in trying anything like this, talk to your healthcare provider.  For all you know I could be burning holes in my gut and ruining my health and not killing anything (or worse yet, killing everything!).

No comments:

Post a Comment