Friday, February 27, 2015

Branching Out

I've been happily in a food rut for weeks.  I don't like to think about what to eat.  I just want to pull out my leftovers from the refrigerator, heat them and not think about it.  My favorite breakfast is still an offal muffin, mashed squash and hot chocolate (instead of a fat bomb).  I LOVE hot chocolate.  I figured since my fat bombs are coconut with a bit of flavor and sweetener it's really not much different than hot chocolate (coconut milk, water, raw cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla, a pinch of stevia and less than a tsp of honey).  Lunch is sauteed veggies, protein and a fat bomb.  Dinner, veggie soup, protein and a fat bomb.  

Recently a favorite blogger of mine released a cookbook.  I went back through her site this morning and found that many of the recipes can be adapted to be SIBO safe.  So I'm walking up to the store today to buy some celeriac (for beef stroganoff) and parsnip (for a tuna dish).  My husband will surely appreciate it if I cook more and using vegetable noodles it keeps the dish light and low carb (great for an evening meal).

2 comments:

  1. I finally made the offal muffins yesterday! I too am trying to sort out breakfast, I eat the same basic AIP scramble almost daily with a few veggie and sausage type changes only. Today I had egg day so did coconut flour pancakes, eggs and sausage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you like the muffins? I like them best with the bison liver. My current muffins have chicken liver, ground beef, beef bacon, spinach and green onion. Not a fan of the chicken liver. Look forward to seeing you Sunday!

      Delete