Monday, December 29, 2014

Connecting the dots

Isn't that the hardest part sometimes?  So I had a massage with cannabis cream just before Thanksgiving.  I ended up getting constipated but with Thanksgiving and eating more carbs again I wasn't sure it was connected.  I cut the carbs back out and moved on.  Throughout the month I experienced increased stomach (like actual stomach, not lower abdomen) bloating, gas with belching, popping out through my diastasis recti, constipation and resulting crankiness and feeling like crap.  I couldn't figure out what was going on. I'm really bad at recognizing patterns and connecting things.  A week ago I was chatting with my massage therapist during my weekly massage (I know a luxury, but he's awesome and uber inexpensive) and we are talking about digestion stuff and he says he's been using cannabis cream on me weekly since just before Thanksgiving.  Ugh and eureka! I love that my therapist was trying to help relieve my muscle tension in the best way he knew how and don't hold him at fault.  I talked to him about how permeable the skin is and how the cannabis can relax all muscles including the ones involved in moving food through the system.

I spent the next 3 days suffering and then things slowly improved.  Now I know what the heck has been going on.  It's not a new food sensitivity and it's not a hiatal hernia.  My ND says that my diastasis recti is narrow enough that I may be able to knit it back together using the exercise he showed me years ago that I never followed through on.  He wanted me to try an elimination diet but that was before the cannabis discovery and we didn't know what was going on.  Now I'm not sure I really want to.

Tests for Hashimoto's are unclear at this point.  Still waiting for one more number to come back and a follow up appt to go over the results.  My guess is it's positive and mild and that my diet over the past year has really brought things under control.

I cheated a bit on Christmas (a cinnamon roll made with coconut flour, almond flour and a bit of coconut sugar) and did okay.  The thought of doing an elimination diet has caused me to go off the rails a bit.  I don't do well with diets.  Lifestyle changes yes, temporary change, no.  I drank beer a couple of nights ago and have been eating a few sweet potato chips here and there and more chocolate in sort of a last hurray (although I generally don't even eat those things).  I laid in bed last night and itched all over, back to the good ole days :)  I need to get my shit together, in other words, either start the diet or decide not to do it and just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment