Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Inflammation/Infection

I woke up in the middle of the night a week and a half ago with my right big toe throbbing by my toenail (so not gout!).  I couldn't find an ingrown toenail or anything visibly wrong so I figured maybe it was just an infection.  I soaked a cotton pad in avocado oil and then added several drops of Oregano essential oil and wrapped it up.  The throbbing started to dissipate over the next few hours and I was able to sleep.  It felt better the next day but still tender.  I wrapped it again the next night and viola, it completely resolved leaving just a red oblong splotch along the side of my toenail.  I had purchased a pair of cheap boots at a consignment shop but I've done that before and never had a problem so I just chalked it up to coincidence.  Several days later I started to get pain on the little toe of the right foot so I did the same thing as before and then took the boots back and explained to the owner what happened.

Last night at dinner, my right breast was hurting.  I went in to change for yoga and my husband came in and noted that it was much larger than the left.  What the heck???  The pain and swelling increased overnight, enough that I got up and put an ice pack on my chest.  I've taken turmeric and extra fish oil today and have a rag soaked in avocado oil and oil of oregano in my bra but it's left me wondering what the heck is going on with my body. I am estrogen dominant so more prone to breast issues but have never experienced anything like this outside of when I was lactating.

Is this all just a coincidence?  All the right side of my body.  Does it have anything to do with the screws in my jaw messing with my chemistry?  Shouldn't the protocol I am on keep infections at bay?  It certainly knocked H1N1 out of my system in short order last winter.  Could it simply be inflammation without infection?  Gaaaa!

My next ND appt isn't until the 21st.  Not sure I'm going to be willing to wait that long!

Has anyone else experienced bizarre symptoms that don't seem to be related to their SIBO while on treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment