Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Holidays or whatever

I say that because if you are anything like me, your social media is being inundated with posts of recipes for delicious looking food recipes that would actually make me sick.  I spend a lot of my time blocking various recipe sites when I am on Facebook so I don't have to look at all the absolute garbage recipes people are liking and sharing.  Once upon a time I may have eaten that way but not now and I never will again.

I just got done flipping through The Slim Palate cookbook and flagged several of the recipes to try.  I tried the coconut breakfast muffin tonight to go with my chicken and it was a like trying to eat a dry sponge.  My ramekin wasn't actually a ramekin so that was probably part of the problem.  I may try it again and just not microwave it as long.

This year our childcare fell through so I didn't get to go to my husband's holiday work party.  It was a blessing since there was nothing being served by the catering company that I could actually eat and to sit there and not eat makes me look like some kind of eating disordered person (which I can feel like sometimes).  People just don't understand that cheating creates setbacks to my path to wellness and I'm just not willing to compromise unless it's on my terms.

I survived last Christmas, I'll survive this one too.  How do you handle the food thing when you attend catered events?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Shari, 2015 will be the year we both kick SIBO in the ass. I agree with you on the food situation. I hosted Thanksgiving for our family so we had a very Paleo AIP Thanksgiving this year, I even found a good AIP pumpkin pie with a coconut crust that worked well and tasted great (Against All Grains pumpkin filling, I forget where I found the crust). I have a daughter-in-law and grandson with autoimmune issues too so the food worked for them too. I just avoid gatherings where it is all about normal holiday food too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not nearly as bad this year as it was last year when I didn't have the hang of it and was doing mostly smoothies and soups. This year I have a great breakfast casserole recipe that I'm really looking forward to. Contemplating AIP for the new year. Yikes! I eat nuts and eggs every day :( Hope you have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete