Wednesday, May 13, 2015

There's more to methylation than MTHFR??

Methylation is definitely the word of the day/week/month.  I tested for MTHFR back in April, the link is here, found out I was heterzygous for MTHFR A1298C which can have an impact on methylation but that doesn't mean for sure there is an impact.  I didn't understand the rest of the numbers (and my ND wasn't any help) so I put the results in the lab file.  A few days ago I listened to Chris Kresser's most recent podcast, Methylation 101. He also did a podcast a while back that's a great primer.  So I pulled back out the file and started doing a little digging.  Given all my various homo and heterozygous snps I am at risk for not clearing ammonia readily, various mood issues, low B12, low Vit D and an excess of cortisol because for some reason I can turn it off but then can't metabolize it to clear it out.  Of course Chris and Dr. Nett did say that just because you have the snps doesn't mean you express them, you have to do further testing to see how your methylation is actually working. Another test?

A friend (who also did the 23andMe and GeneticGenie) then forwarded a post from this blog.  There are so many posts on this Dr's site about methylation and the impact on the gut (and SIBO) but no real information about what to do about it (you have to become a patient to find that out).  Although I did read in one of the many posts that phenols like resveratrol and green tea extract will compete for the same metabolic pathway as estrogen and adrenalin.  I already know I am estrogen dominant so I'm going to pull that out of my current supplement regimen since I also do turmeric and fish oil for inflammation.  There is so much information here but since I don't know who he is I'm taking it all with a grain of salt.  It's just hard because it seems so few providers out there seem to fully understand this stuff so I don't feel like I can go to any of my current ND's for clarification.

Just mind boggling.  Makes me want to take a nap.

Had blood drawn this morning for Cyrex 3, 4 and 10 this morning.  Results should take about 2 weeks.  And since I've been eating wheat for the last 3 weeks I might take a look at my thyroid antibodies.  It's heart month and all those tests are on sale so I'm tempted to see where my cholesterol is. I've decided I'm going to do a breath test to see where I'm at May 26th (unless I run out of antimicrobials sooner or change my mind!).

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone!! I'm Marilyn Here in the States and I'm here to talk about what Dr. James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year. This disease started circulating all over my body and  I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Acyclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! From my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from  Dr. James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system, and I was tested negative after 15 days of using  Dr. James herbal mix medicine. I'm here to let you all know that the herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr. James herbal medicine.  I came across a testimony of Tasha, on the internet testifying about Dr. James, on how he cured Her of 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of  the great Dr. James  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com...]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about me (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too, Dr. James prepared and sent me his herbal mix medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal mix medicine, I was totally cured. No more inching, pain on me anymore as Dr. James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. The result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Alzheimer's Disease, Warts, Moles, Bipolar disorder, Shingles, HPV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. Testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY., etc. you can contact  the great  one  directly on his........@ drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  He is a good man, and He will help you.  

    ReplyDelete