Sunday, May 17, 2015

A few of my favorite things

Whole Foods opened up nearby a little over a week ago.  I knew I wanted to add back in some fermented foods and I just have trouble making them myself.  They grow weird stuff and I panic about food poisoning myself.  I love Firefly Kitchens, a local company.  I had not tried their Firefly Kimchi.  You open it up and it smells like spicy garlic.  I heard somewhere, probably not a reliable source even, that fermenting helps break down the FODMAPs in garlic.  Not sure I believe it but since I haven't been reacting to much of anything I thought I'd give it a go.  So far so good.

Then someone posted the Probionic Tonic on facebook and tagged Whole Foods.  I was completely unaware of this product!  It was so crowded on the day I was there that it was hard to see much of anything.  Back I went and disappointed I was not!  I love the tonic.  Although the spiciness give me a touch of burn.  I drop about half of a shot glass with one meal a day, eat the kim chi with another and take my MegaSpore with a 3rd.  Hopefully I'm not just refilling my small intestine with bugs!!!  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment