Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Priorities

I watched Dr. Kalish on The Digestion Sessions today. I own them but completely didn't stop and think that maybe someone had covered H. Pylori. He loves H. pylori because it causes such a wide variety of issues but is fairly easy to get rid of so patients get better quickly. Like all gut issues it can have a far reaching impact. He treats both conventionally and herbally, depending on the individual patient.  When using herbs he likes mastic gum combined with Oregano or Olive Leaf and DGL. He feels that DGL is very important to reducing inflammation, soothing and healing the gut. I'm going to go for it.  I filled out paperwork to become a patient of Dr. Ruscio over the weekend and he asks you to prioritize your health issues. You would think SIBO would be number one but it's not. Intestinal permeability trumps it all. I know, I know, you can't heal IP without getting rid of the bugs but I feel we need to do everything we can to help protect the integrity of the stomach and intestinal lining while treating. I learned that lesson the hard way!

Dr. Kalish also feels that H. Pylori can have an impact on your adrenals and often he works on adrenals for a couple of months before treating the HP.  Been there, done there. Wonder what kind of impact it has on the results of adrenal testing.  I just submitted my DUTCH test after what turned out to be a stressful week.

Here is a link to an article Dr. Keller did on SIBO and gums. However, on the Cyrex Array 10 they combine mastic gum with gum arabic so it's unclear which I am reacting to or if it's both. Oh well, if I react to mastic gum I can give it to my husband or son. My guess is one or both of them will test positive and yes I will have them both tested.  Husband could be asymptomatic and give it back to me in my comprimised digestive state.

No comments:

Post a Comment