Monday, November 9, 2015

It's the veggies

I love my veggies.  I usually eat a big stir fry one meal and vegetable soup with another.  For breakfast I have been sticking with an offal muffin and bulletproof hot chocolate.  I don't itch until I eat veggies at lunch.  Today I had a bit of veggie soup with lunch and got super nauseous.  It was also day one of Matula tea which is no joke.  I drank it this morning and my stomach immediately started churning.  For 1/2 hour I wasn't sure if it was going to stay down.  It did but I felt a little iffy all day.  I was looking forward to late afternoon yoga but my tummy was not having it so I waited until it settled and went for an evening walk instead.  Gotta pay attention to what your body is telling you.  About to lose WiFi, it shuts off at 9:30pm so I get to bed on time :)  Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the tea really goes to work! Does that get better over time, as far as the stomach reaction? I hope so! Any idea on what causes the itching? I have itching from food sensitivities periodically and can't figure out what exactly is causing it. There's an Array 10 in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank goodness, the tea got better. Phew!

      I believe that everyone has a reaction when they eat something their body doesn't like. Some people get headaches, others stomach aches. I itch, so does my sister. It's just our body's way of expressing unhappiness. On my Array 3 (Wheat/Gluten reactivity), the only thing that came back elevated (equivocal) was Transglutaminase 3 IgG which is epidermal type. If I remember right (don't quote me!) Transglutaminase 2 expresses in the joints and Transglutaminase 6 expresses neurologically. So I thank my lucky stars for sure :)

      While testing is expensive and is controversial in that it isn't always accurate sometiimes it's the only way to noodle out what the heck is stressing your body. Both times I have done it I have found it beneficial. A friend of mine says itching is usually from Histamines but I've checked the list and it doesn't match up for me. Another person on FB says it's liver overload. That's interesting to ponder as well.

      Delete