Sunday, September 28, 2014

With Good Sometimes Comes Bad

I met with my ND and got the results from the last stool test.  The blastocystis hominis of which there was many is now gone, HURRAY!  Thank goodness for Heron Botanical's formula Purge the Whorl.  But with good comes bad and it looks like my dysbiosis is even worse.  The only thing I did differently over the summer was add the Purge the Whorl and do a couple of rounds of the elemental diet.  Could the elemental diet have made it worse???

We decided to switch everything up to see if we could get some better results.  I am now on a combination of Heron Botanical's Herbal Biotic, Heron Botanical's Bitters (to aid digestion), Berberine Complex, Neem Plus, Interface Plus, Metagest (digestion), Spectrazyme (digestion) and PrescriptAssist, the probiotic Chris Kresser recommends.  Oh, and my low dose Erythromycin at night to keep things moving and the couple of drops of iodine that I continually forget to take.  I take other supplements but they are related to general health and not SIBO.  He doesn't want me to do any tests again for 6 months.  He knows how much I love numbers but says with the lack of positive movement I need to let that go and focus on how I feel instead.  Poo!  I have the results from my breath test coming next week to see if the Rifaximin/Neomycin with biofilm buster Lipophos EDTA did any better than the abx with Interface Plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment