Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Carbs

Went to my mom's for a Labor Day bbq.  My day was all rushed and messed up so I ended up eating not enough veggies and too many carbs (a banana with breakfast and again with lunch and corn tortilla chips at my mom's, bbq sauce on my burger, sweet potato, white potato, etc).  I did not sleep well that night and the next morning I was achy and felt hungover.  Coincidence?  Yesterday I ate too much fat (stayed low carb), made the Energy Bar recipe from Keto Clarity, tons of nuts AND coconut oil.  Slept okay and woke up feeling fine.  Will have to continue to experiment.

And, the tummy pain is back.  You know the one that comes on suddenly and hurts like hell. Ugh!  Used to have them daily, now they only come once in a great while.  Seems like I've had (very) short bouts of pain every day for a week or more.  I always wonder if that's the antibiotics doing their thing, an increase in bacteria or just related to my cycle.

Tried stevia in my hot chocolate this morning.  Blech!  Think I'll go back to honey and try to work stevia into other recipes.  I thought the cacao powder would overwhelm but it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment