Saturday, August 29, 2015

Weight and bloat SLOWLY resolving..

It would be so nice if all the weight and the bloat disappeared as quickly as it comes on.  2 lbs of water weight went away pretty quickly after my half bottle of wine but the big ole belly has been hanging around.  I BINGED on chocolate yesterday, like 5 mini homemade mini Reeses peanut butter cups AND a whole chocolate mint pie from Whole Foods.  This morning my belly is down to normal size and I've even come down another 1/2 lb.  Imagine if chocolate were the cure!  LOL!

So with this bloat my mind has been busy contemplating options.  I have 5 days of Rifaximin in my cabinet and a bunch of Allicin.  I know a few people who are trying the Guar Gum (up to 1 tsp) 20-30 minutes before you take your antimicrobials.  I'm intrigued to say the least. My numbers are low but my symptoms indicate the need for continued treatment.  I'm also contemplating Candibactin AR & BR.  I tested positive for thyme (on the Array 10) but I cut it out for several weeks and recently had it in a batch of soup and did not react so I may be good to go.  We obviously know the fish is still a no go.

In the meantime I am adding the OrthoBiotic back in with breakfast to see how it goes and have ordered Motilpro to add in at bedtime.  Serrapeptase will be added before meals, it may help break down biofilms and even if it doesn't it helps with protein digestion which I still need. I am continuing with the Endozin (Zinc-Carnosine and L-Glutamine) and the PrescriptAssist at lunchtime.  So rebuild, refeed and keep sweepin'.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great info. From all your research and experience do you like the idea of taking probiotics while taking anti-microbial herbs? I just started a biocidin protocol and can't decide if I should continue my VSL#3 and florastor or if I should wait. Also, I thought "biofilm busting" was not regarded as important for SIBO since clinically, practitioners are not seeing a difference when addressing biofilms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biofilm busting is not see as important (although no one has actually done any research yet) but I find digestive benefit with some of the -ases that are thought to be biofilm busters so I use them. I like keeping the probioitics in personally just make sure if you do they are spaced away from your anti-microbials so you're not wasting money. One of the ND's (I think it was Mona Morstein) at the Symposium mentioned doing the antimicrobials at 7am, 2pm and 7pm and taking your probiotics with lunch. I was doing the Biocidin 30 minutes before meals and then taking some probiotics between breakfast and lunch and/or with lunch (not sure I wasn't just killing the lunch ones off). Thanks for commenting! I love to hear what people are doing. -shari

      Delete