Thursday, August 13, 2015

Almost there

Back to my diet, back to my walks, back to yoga, back to probiotics.  I'm almost back to normal. I keep forgetting to drink my probiotic tonic shots with breakfast and lunch but I put my pill form probiotics in with my meal supplements so I know I am getting those in.  I am taking Ortho Biotic with breakfast and PrescriptAssist with lunch.  I'll definitely be packing them on our trip next week (more camping, more mountain biking, a water park and a dude ranch).  When I get back I'll rotate them out and add Primal Defense back in.  I think it's good to switch things up.  I need to place another order for MegaSpore Biotic since that one seems to take the longest to get.  I'm also slowing tapering off my current kill protocol as I run out of supplements.  I'll keep just keep on with the biofilm and cell wall disrupters.

Oh, and I'm tapering off my thyroid medication and then I'll test my thyroid to see how it's holding up.  Hopefully my conversion from T4 to T3 has improved with the addition of Thyrosol (a Metagenics product specifically designed for supporting conversion).

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I agree that travel is fun but challenging. Sounds like you are getting back on track, which is great! Wondering what your probiotic tonic shot is? Do you think Mega Spore is helping? Can't decide if they are good or possible not. Do you have Hashimoto's or just hypothyroid? Have you felt hyper on the Thyrosol? I'm interested to know your results with that. I could use some support that works! Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink a Probiotic Tonic that is made by Firefly Kitchens. It's a local product. The one I am currently drinking is just the juice from their sauerkraut. I didn't really notice much with the MegaSpore. I liked the Garden of Life Primal Defense better, I feel like it does something. It's just hard to use while on the go because it's a powder that has to be mixed with water and taken away from meals. One ND thinks I don't have Hashi's, one thinks I do. I tend to agree that I don't have Hashi's because my antibodies decreased after feasting on wheat for weeks. I'm not really hypothyroid either. I have a conversion issue from T4 to T3 so I'm taking Metagenics Thyrosol for that. Thyrosol is just vitamins and minerals so I don't notice a hyper effect. I am tapering off my T3 pharmaceutical.

      thanks for reading and very much looking forward to this latest trip. I find camping the most relaxing vacations.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your candid sharing and learn so much from fellow Sibo/thyroid folks, I read everything I can. I have been on the fence about probiotics, fermented foods, iodine, among other highly recommended treatments for SIBO and hashis. So thanks again for sharing and I'll continue to check-in with you on your latest tweaks and progress. Have a great time camping. Summer is almost over!

    ReplyDelete