Monday, November 17, 2014

Digestion Sessions

If you have not clicked this you should!  There was an excellent video today with Dr. Datis Kharrazian all about the brain - gut connection, how it impacts your motility and simple exercises you can do to fix it.  I'm all about trying things that cost NOTHING!  I'm going to get this all wrong because there was so much information but it has to do with your vagus nerve not functioning properly and how you can exercise this nerve by gargling to the point of tearing up several times a day (like everytime you go to the bathroom) and using tongue depressors to stimulate the gag reflex.  He also said coffee enemas help too although I didn't really catch or understand all the science behind it.  It wasn't about detoxing, it was about a chemical reaction.  Anyway, you need to listen for yourself!

In other news in addition to braces I now have 8 shiny screws in my jaw in an attempt to move my teeth up and allow my jaw to sit differently so my teeth actually touch enough that I can chew.  It's been fun I tell you.  It's made it even more difficult to chew my food and I end up with enough stuck in the bands in my cheeks to tide me over until my next meal.  Fingers crossed it works and I don't have to have my jaw broken and realigned.  The things we do for digestive health I tell you!!!

I've ditched the iodine for now since I am having enough trouble taking everything else my ND has me on.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious as to what your current protocol is and who your ND is. I'm also from Seattle and have recently had a setback so am looking to maybe try something different than AlliMed & Neem. I've chronicled my year long adventure with SIBO at http://www.dharmaworks.net/Tim/category/health/sibo/ I also have blasto and see you eradicated it with Purge the Whorl and the Thorne green tea stuff which is encouraging, I'm picking up mine this week and am debating doing that along with SIBO herbals at the same time or just focusing on one v.s. the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim,
      My current protocol is as follows:
      Upon waking:
      1/2 tsp Lipophos EDTA (will discontinue when I'm out as Dr. Siebecker says that biofilm busters don't seem to matter so I figure why waste the $$)
      20 minutes before meals:
      4 Spectrazyme
      1/2 - 1 tsp bitters in water
      20 drops of Iberogast in water
      With meals:
      1-2 Metagest (HCL), depending on the type of protein I am eating
      1 tsp Herbal Biotic
      1 Allimed
      1 Neem
      1 Berberine

      I did both protocols together without any issue. I did the Purge the Whorl and the Green Tea Phytosome for 3 months. I see Dr. Mariotti in Seattle and consult with Dr. Keller at NCNM. I have driven to Portland to see her so I could be her patient and she could give me specific directions on Skype. If you are not a patient they can't actually prescribe treatment via Skype and it's a bit frustrating.

      Good luck to you. This definitely seems like a long haul for a lot of us and sometimes it's really hard to stay the course. It helps to know we are not alone (or completely crazy!).

      Delete
  3. Thanks. I am seeing Dr. Keller too, went to see Dr. Siebecker in February but she is too hard to Skype with these days. I think am going to do basically the protocol you posted in July for 90 days and see if that can knock this out alone with the blasto. I've been doing AlliMed & Neem but will add in the Berberine. I'm discussing with my local ND and Dr. Keller this week. I relapsed a bit last month, I think due to pot smoking to try and sleep when I increased my dose of LDN and couldn't sleep, should have read your one post first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so frustrating when you do something that you think will help and it turns out to be the wrong thing. I had a massage with cannabis cream last week and it was either that or the sweet potatoes (too much carbs) that caused a setback. I know the skin is very transdermal but didn't think it would cause that much of a problem. It offered great relief to my cramped up upper back but I'm not sure I'll try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I was having massage with cannabis oil and using some topical too but have stopped them as well. I picked up my Purge the Whorl today with a very scary page about one of the ingredients being toxic and that it shouldn't but used for longer than 10 days consecutively yet I was told 1t/3x day for 90-days. I've sent an inquiry to Heron Botanicals about it, the ND said to keep in mind that the offensive ingredient is only a small portion (and maybe the smallest portion given the ingredient list) of the formula. Looks like you were on it for quite a while, no adverse effects from it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went through 3 bottles (also at 1 t/3x day) and had no adverse effects at all. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some nasty tasting stuff though, just had my first dose this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only nasty tasting but I have felt like hell all day after 1t of the stuff, it does not seem to sit too well in my gut. I'm going to give it a few days and decide if I want to try again. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it is nasty. I dropped and busted a bottle on the kitchen floor, whew! Took a while for the smell to wear off. Maybe start a lot smaller like 1/4 of a tsp and very slowly work up from there? I had to let it go when I was doing the elemental fast but other than that I tolerated it okay. And for what it's worth, I feel better and better all the time. So much trial and error with supps and diet, very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete