Thursday, December 10, 2015

Has it really been that long...

I would blame it on the holidays but I really don't get all up in arms about it.  We don't make many obligations and we don't buy gifts.  What did happen is I got a whopper of a cold from my son just after Thanksgiving.  I even ended up taking Mucinex D several days.  For him it landed in his chest for me it socked into my sinuses.  I really didn't feel that bad but ended up draining out a lot of bloody mucus and my massage therapist said my sinuses felt really puffy.  The draining was almost worse than when it was stuck.

Oh and I had another screw put in my jaw just as I was getting sick. That helped a lot!  And another screw came out yesterday (meaning I took it out).  They wanted to cut my gums and screw into my cheekbone but I said no. (Um, no way in hell!).  It makes sense to pull on the jaw if you are trying to intrude the teeth but to pull on the cheekbone to push up into the jaw just seems like you are asking for trouble.  

I finally finished up my Matula tea treatment for the H. Pylori.  I have another month of the biofilm buster (biocidin), Mastic gum and licorice root and then I retest.  I can't wait to be able to take Betaine and/or Ox Bile again.  I just feel like I am not breaking things down and my digestion feels more sluggish.  I do not like it.

I've been taking adrenal glandular support and licorice root when I remember to help prolong the life of the cortisol circulating.  I need to add in DHEA and Pregnenolone although I am toying with adding Cordycepts first.  My mentor is against this, she feels that formulas provide a better synergistic effect.  

I went over my thyroid tests with the ND on Monday and my thyroid hormones were borderline so no need to supplement, Yay!  But my TPO antibodies were in the high 200's. She thinks it's due to the H. Pylori treatment.  I'm hoping so!  She recommended Wobenzyme-N to help bring the antibodies down by reducing inflammation.  I've heard great things about proteolytic enzymes.  Livestrong calls bullshit on them but they help the body break down protein so if I don't feel like they are having a benefit outside of meals I can take them with meals since I can't break down protein completely by myself.

Oh and no more itching!  Ha!  Stupid ass lactase!  In light of the Hashimoto's confirmation it's back to LDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment